Sunday, August 19, 2007

The art of seeing things…..

…or something like that, I believe it should be called. Of late, I have been having a lot of contemplative sessions with myself, trying to decide what is right and what is wrong. I have been going through a lot of decision cycles lately.
Earlier, there was a time I remember when I used to have a way of seeing things “in the whole”. When I saw things this way, I used to get directly to the conclusion, or the ending. I used to decide whether or not to pursue something, however trivial or important it may be, based solely on what the end would look like with the thing. In short, I’d like to see things in the big picture, and easily dropped off my decisions based on what I thought the end would be like.
Things certainly have changed now; ample proof for that can be seen in this blog of mine. Never before would I have the patience to continue with these lines, seeing that they were about to lead nowhere. But wait a moment; unless I have actually completed the lines, how do I know where this is going. This is a proof of looking at things the way I do at the present.

I have been feeling like things do not have to get anywhere at all; just a hint of something can stay the way it is. A classic example would be this hairdo that I have planned. I don’t care if it will grow back in 3-4 weeks to the same state anyways; it’s all about how I will look tomorrow once I get the hairdo today.
Maybe this means I’m getting to live “for the moment” or something similar in interpretation, but one thing that I’m sure of is that if I ever could ask my past self what I would of think of my present self, it was sure to say “ah…I care not….I’ll end up the same way someday, eventually!”

A line, after all…..is made up of dots….nothing more…..

…………………..

1 comment:

Abhishek Paudel Chhetri said...

“ah…I care not….I’ll end up the same way someday, eventually!”

... the ineluctable loops of futility called life.